Friday, January 5, 2018

Pocket Life Challenge with Jennie

Hey Everyone! This is Jennie with today's Pocket Life Challenge. It's the first one of the year! This challenge has nothing to do with paper, sketches, techniques or anything like that. This challenge is to catch up with 2017 and/or get you ready to document this year successfully. 

You can write this in a piece of paper and put it in your work area or your planner. Put it in a place where you can see it. 

First, make an inventory of spreads you need to do or count the weeks you need to finish.

Second, create a plan to print your photos. This is very important, is one of the reasons most pocket scrappers "fall behind". I have a printer and it has helped a lot with my process. If you have a go to company to print photos try to print every 2 weeks or at least once a month. Set the last day of the month to make your order. If you need suggestions come by the Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page, this tribe is super helpful. 

Third, look back at what you done. What do you want to document? Which techniques would you like to keep doing. Are you sticking with the size you used for 2017? Are you switching? Are you doing it monthly, one week per page or double spread for a week?

THIS IS THE REAL CHALLENGE: Create a game plan!  Do you printed all the photos? Do you have enough supplies? You know what you need to finish. As soon as you figure out what you need to do come up with a plan to do it. Make 2 or 3 spreads this week. The DT will be around to help you and inspire you! 

Post you lists and game plan on the Fan Group! Accountability helps a lot! 

Now to the layout! Of course I used the January Sugarland Pocket Life Kit. Every month I make 3 double spreads with the kits and I have enough left overs for one or two more. Use your Pocket Life Kit to reach your catch goals. It's a lot easier when you use a kit. Limiting your supplies makes the process faster. 

Decide which photo sizes you like using. Most of the time I use 3x4 for my vertical photos and 6x4 for my horizontal photos. I edit my photos once a week. For the 3x4 photos I make collages with PicStitch.




Kristen's last challenge got me hooked on stitching.

On 2018, I will keep adding pieces of ephemera and packaging.

This challenge won't take more than 30 minutes! Reflecting can help your process. Don't forget to share it with us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment