Saturday, December 16, 2017

3 to Inspire with Kathleen

Hi CTK friends!  It's Kathleen here and it's time for another 3-to-Inspire challenge!

First up let's look at the prompts I used for my page:

1. Incorporate different textures in your layout. Use at least one other medium apart from paper (like the white tulle or some gesso, paint or texture paste).
2. Use more than one photo.
3. Add some paper tearing.



 And here is the page I created for this challenge:

Oh What Fun by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #layout

I'm usually not a very big fan of red in my projects, but Christmas season seems to be the only time it is working for me and the look of this Christmassy red together with the black and white is really growing on me :D

So for my layout I used the December "Sonoma" Scrapbook Main kit, as well as one little phrase sticker from the Embellishment kit (the red one on my photo). For my papers and embellishments I stuck to the ones that had black, white and red in them because I felt these really helped make my photos pop and because I also wanted that winter-y feel.

Oh What Fun by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #layout

For the different textures I decided to add a piece of the white tulle that was included in the Scrapbook Kit behind one of my photos and also use some of my Tonic Studios Nuvo Glimmer Paste (in Moonstone) from my stash together with one of my favourite stencils. It kind of looks like snowflakes or snow flurry, which fitted these photos perfectly. 

It's difficult to see in the photos, but I added the glimmer paste on the white part of my layout around and behind my photos.

Oh What Fun by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #layout
Oh What Fun by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #layout

I also included different kinds of textures in the embellishments of my page: I used some of the exclusive cork pieces, the exclusive epoxy stickers, some paper die cuts and some of the Maggie Holmes "Carousel" puffy stickers.

Even though the colour scheme is far from what I'd normally choose, I am very happy with how this layout turned out.

I hope you feel inspired to give this challenge a try and I can't wait to see what you will create! :) So, use the three prompts to create your own project/s and share them with us here in the gallery and/or our Facebook Forum

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy holiday!
Kathleen

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I am all over this challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this black and white layout with a little touch of red. Beautiful Layout!

    ReplyDelete